Ever so often we receive a newsletter from the Delaware County Engineer’s office detailing their projects. I enjoy reading this newsletter as it has a lot of good info in it. This month, Chris Bauserman, informed us of the results of the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act – the stimulus bill. He explains why so many local government agencies are skeptical and discouraged about the true impact of the ARRA.
Aside from the ARRA, some projects are already underway for the county. Some of them will affect the areas I frequently drive through:
- Sawmill Pkwy extension to Hyatts Rd – complete Sep 09.
- Orange Rd bridge over the Olentangy River – complete Aug 2009.
- Orange Rd & Rt 315 roundabout – Aug to Oct 09
- Liberty Rd realignment at Home Rd – Jun 09 to Aug 2010
- S Old State & Lewis Center Rd intersection widening – May to Nov 09
- Red Bank Rd bridge over Hoover Reservoir south of Sunbury Rd – Jun to Nov
There is a complete list of the projects at the Engineer’s web site.