Yesterday morning was Realtor® Day at the 2010 BIA Parade of Homes at Ackerly Park in New Albany. Eight builders have homes in this year’s Parade. All of the homes have been built to conform with New Albany’s strict design style. This year’s builders are:
- Bob Webb Group, $925,000 (www.bobwebb.com)
- Dani Homes, $855,540 (www.danihomes.net)
- Kevin Knight & Company, $950,000 (www.kevinknightco.com)
- M/I Homes, $899,000 (www.mihomes.com)
- New England Homes, $899,000 (www.NewEnglandHomesOhio.com)
- The Tuckerman Home Group, $725,000 (www.TuckermanHomeGroup.com)
- Weaver Custom Homes, $950,000 (www.weavercustomhomes.com)
- Zeppernick Custom Homes, $949,000 (www.zeppernick.com)
I was short on time but did manage to visit 7 of the 8 homes. I missed the Knight home and I didn’t visit the second floor of any of the homes. I did manage to take some photos for you.
Some of the differences that I noticed this year were the darker wall & wood colors and extensive use of decorating textures, mainly stone. Ceilings have become fancier and the flooring on the main level was mostly wood or very interesting tile. Countertops were either granite or the new concrete, which according to one of the builders, is similar in cost to granite. And yes, that IS a wood floor in that shower photo.
The Parade lasts until August 8. Visit BIAParade.com for more details.