On Nov 5, I attended Mitt Romney’s last Ohio rally at a hangar at Port Columbus. It was exhilarating as thousands of Patriots were enthused and optimistic for the election the next day. Sadly we were extremely disappointed with the questionable outcome.
BTW, toward the end of the video, my camera ran out of memory space so I had to switch to my cell phone which didn’t pick up the audio very well.
In August, the Romney-Ryan 2012 campaign came to Powell for an early morning rally. Having never been to a political rally, I decided this would be a good time to check-off a bucket list item and perhaps see the next President.
We were to start arriving at 6:30 am. The event was to start at 8:30 am. I parked at the Kroger store where there were buses to take us to the Village Green. Then we got into four long lines to go thru security and metal detectors. Reports said that 5,000 or so went through these detectors.
We then were herded into a “bowl” that has been made at the Green for events such as this. I managed to get about 15-20 ft from the stage, but unfortunately I was behind some 6-ft tall guys. As you’ll see in the video, I had to hold my camera high and thus, couldn’t see what I was shooting. I apologize if you get tired of viewing the back of people’s heads. Hopefully, I’ll grow a little taller before attending another such event. 🙂
There was a lot of crowd enthusiasm but that would be expected given Powell’s demographics – lots of entrepreneurs and mid-upper management executives. Powell also has a lot of small businesses, especially in the old downtown area.
I had a lot of fun – even if I was squished by the crowd although the 4 hours of standing was a bit much.
I’ve finally decided to endorse a candidate for President 2012. The current four candidates are severely flawed so I support the third party candidate from The Kibble Party.
Click to enlarge
I’ve interviewed him personally and here’s what I learned:
- He was born in the USA and has actual papers to prove it.
- He’s not going to change the U.S. Constitution because he doesn’t even know what it is.
- He’s been neutered so he doesn’t care about birth control. Believes you’re free to do your own thing.
- He’s not going to tell you which vet or medical plan you must use.
- He supports a ban on toys and food made in China, especially those made for dogs and cats.
- He’s a strong supporter of freedom … free to sleep on the couch or bed; free to take long naps; free to chase rabbits or cats; free to eat human food.
- Regarding foreign policy, the only bombs he has are laying in the backyard.
- Only blames his parents for his “short-comings”. Won’t blame everyone else when he gets in trouble.